Way of life
EL PASO, Texas – Every year on May 5, Mexican-American heritage and pride is celebrated.
The US Congress issued a proclamation in 2005 calling on Americans to observe Cinco de Mayo.
Most people do this while enjoying a Mexican themed meal and drink, like tacos and margaritas.
Here’s a look at a few places with specials to celebrate the day in El Paso ….
- Carlos and Mickey, 1310 Magruder St. & 12111 Montwood Dr., voted by many home of the best and biggest margarita in El Paso, has a Pickle-Rita drink special for $ 6.95 – and their lunch special is two gorditas from ground beef with rice and beans for $ 6.99.
- Chili’s Grill & Bar, several El Paso branches, mark the occasion with $ 5 drink deals on some of their most popular margaritas and select draft beer imports.
- Chuy’s, Fountains at Farah, celebrates all day with happy hour discounts on Tecate, Original Texas ‘Tinis and their world famous home’ Ritas. They also offer $ 1 tequila floats to complement your margarita.
- Taco shack, several El Paso branches, offers $ 2 margaritas with 12 flavors to choose from, all on ice. Or try the La Bandera Margarita, with flavors of lime, strawberry, mango and blue curacao for $ 3.
- Taco shop, 1920 N. Zaragoza Rd., Offers street tacos carne asada and carnitas for $ 6.
- Twin peaks, several El Paso branches, famous with these offers: shots of tequila – Cuervo Silver for $ 3.99 or Patron Silver for $ 4.99, and draft beers and cocktails starting at $ 5.
Biz / Tech / El Paso / Local News / News